New member from Europe

Stegnii

In the Brooder
Oct 23, 2020
Hello! My name is Ira. I am from Ukraine but now live in Slovenia (yes, it is Europe).
In the past few months gained an interest in raising chickens.
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I am new to chickens. I get my very first chickens three months ago.
(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
(3) What breeds do you have?
I do not know! They were given to me by the owner of the house where I live now.
(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
I like to collect eggs! ))))
(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Fishing, Horticulture, Fermentations, Cooking, Needlepoint and Cross Stitch
(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
Single, have daughter and cat.
(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community?
I was looking for information on whether it is possible to feed chickens with sauerkraut and found your community. My chickens climbed into the house and ate my sauerkraut!
005.jpg

Hello, and welcome to the flock!

You're on an exciting adventure with your new home and new chickens. As you've learned, they're quite inquisitive creatures and will get into some weird places and eat weirder food. Sauerkraut should be OK--fermented food is good for chickens! Just make sure they have access toc lean water to help flush out excess salt.

And homemade sauerkraut...yum!

Hello! My name is Ira. I am from Ukraine but now live in Slovenia (yes, it is Europe).
In the past few months gained an interest in raising chickens.
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I am new to chickens. I get my very first chickens three months ago.
(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
(3) What breeds do you have?
I do not know! They were given to me by the owner of the house where I live now.
(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
I like to collect eggs! ))))
(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Fishing, Horticulture, Fermentations, Cooking, Needlepoint and Cross Stitch
(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
Single, have daughter and cat.
(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community?
I was looking for information on whether it is possible to feed chickens with sauerkraut and found your community. My chickens climbed into the house and ate my sauerkraut!
View attachment 2384130
Welcome to the group!
Your chickens are pretty. :love

Back
Top Bottom