New member from Georgia!

ikkin

In the Brooder
May 16, 2015
Savannah, Georgia
Hi everyone! I'm new the chicken life but I'm having a blast so far! I have six beautiful chickens. Three Red Stars, a Buff Orpington, an Easter Egger, and a Silkie! I'm loving the chicken life so far and adore my flock!

How old is the silkie? I think it may be a male. It's not written in stone, as silkies are very difficult to sex before 4-5 mos. of age and sometimes not till they crow or lay.
welcome-byc.gif

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided join our flock. You have a nice mixed flock and a very colorful egg basket. Red Star is one of a number of labels under which some hatcheries market their Red Sex Links which are laying machines. You should get loads of large, brown eggs from those three girls. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

How old is the silkie?  I think it may be a male.  It's not written in stone, as silkies are very difficult to sex before  4-5 mos. of age and sometimes not till they crow or lay. 
:welcome

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided join our flock. You have a nice mixed flock and a very colorful egg basket. Red Star is one of a number of labels under which some hatcheries market their Red Sex Links which are laying machines. You should get loads of large, brown eggs from those three girls. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

Yes, thank you! I was aware of that. These ladies all came from one previous owner ( except the silkie) and he just referred to them as such. I've tried to do a lot of googling and used this site to learn about my chickens and how to properly take care of my girls!

Back
Top Bottom