New member from Glendale, AZ

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by ArizonaDesertChicks, Dec 8, 2008.

1. ArizonaDesertChicks

ArizonaDesertChicks Eggstactic for Pretty Eggs

Dec 8, 2008
    Glendale, AZ
    Hello,
    What a great site! I've been lurking and gathering so much information from these boards and have finally made the plunge to join. We live in the city with almost 1/2 an acre and have 11 chicks - 2 barred rocks, 1 production red, 3 easter eggers, 2 barnevelders, & 3 white leghorns. We had wanted about 8 or 9 hens and purchased a couple extra in case any of our chicks turned out to be roosters.
    Mary Ann

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 18, 2008
  2. Rte.66_chicks

Rte.66_chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2008
    Kingman, AZ
    [​IMG]
    What a gorgeous flock you have! I'm in Kingman, with a flock of ten Buff Orps, five Lt. Brahmas, three Silver Laced Wyandottes, and two Speckled Sussex pullets, all presided over by a Silver Laced cockerel.
    It sounds like I don't need to tell you how useful and how much fun this community is. Glad you're on board!

3. hoosier

hoosier Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] Welcome!

What a great looking flock you have!

4. Southernbelle

Southernbelle Gone Broody

Mar 17, 2008
    Virginia
    [​IMG]

My parents live in Glendale - I visited them once - in July a few years ago when I was 5 months pregnant. I was just a bit warm [​IMG]

Your flock looks gorgeous! You'll have a rainbow of eggs when all your girls start laying!

5. Their Other Mother

Their Other Mother Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2008
    Arizona
    [​IMG] I'm from Cave Creek and I have 9 Mutt Chicks and 5 White Leghorn chicks right now.

6. redoak

redoak Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Russia, NY
    [​IMG]

Happy looking chickens

7. Dandelion007

Dandelion007 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 7, 2008
    Durant, OK
    [​IMG]

Cute chicks!

8. ArizonaDesertChicks

ArizonaDesertChicks Eggstactic for Pretty Eggs

Dec 8, 2008
    Glendale, AZ
    Thanks for the friendly welcome notes. I am hoping for rainbow eggs (brown, white, blue or green, & even dark brown?), but I've heard some EE's lay brown eggs instead of the blue or green and that the barnevelders here in the US don't lay the dark brown eggs like they were originally bred to, so I guess we'll find out. We'll still love our chickens no matter what color they lay.

9. chickenfanatic

chickenfanatic Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2008
    deming new mexico
    [​IMG]

10. gckiddhouse

gckiddhouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 9, 2008
    Desert Hills, AZ
    Hi Mary Ann,
    I am in AZ, too, not far from you. Your girls are gorgeous! We also have 11. One did turn out to be a rooster. Ooops! I thought we would want to get rid of him right away, but we really enjoy him. He is NOT friendly, but is very respectful. The neighbors don't mind - so far, and his crowing is really quite a nice thing to hear during the day. It isn't as loud as I thought it would be.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by