New member from Indiana

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Delaney Birds, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Delaney Birds

Delaney Birds Out Of The Brooder

Aug 1, 2011
    Hi All,

This is one great website!! My youngest daughter and I love reading everyones posts and getting new ideas on how to raise our flock. We have been raising chickens for about 3 years for 4-H projects. This spring we decided to "up our game" and have been incubating eggs and we love it. I don't know who gets more excited me or her. My daughter won Junior Showmanship and Grand Champion / Best Large Fowl last month at our county fair. I am so proud of her! She is an excellent care taker of her "babies". So here are our answers to the "newbie" questions.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? 2008 - 4 chicks from Orcheliens

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? Chickens - 45, Guineas - 21, Turkeys - 7

(3) What breeds do you have? Several, Chickens: RIR, Buff Orph, Blue Andalusian, Barred Rock, BLR Wyandotte, Amerucana, Light Brahma, Turkeys: Eastern Wild, Black Spanish, Narragansett/Royal Palm mix, Guineas: Lavender Pearl, Light Lavender, White

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com? GOOGLE search

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? Fishing, Gardening, Family Time

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. Married (to a very understanding wife), 2 daughters (16 and 11), lots of birds, rabbits, 2 guinea pigs, a few cats, and 1 lazy yard dog.
    Thanks for a great site!!

Todd
    Delaney Birds

2. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Hello Todd and welcome to BYC from Ohio! Wow, you've really got alot of birds! I just got my first two turkeys this year. A Royal Palm and a Blue Slate. I'm really enjoying watching the turkeys grow. Not sure of the sex as of yet, but I'm thinking two hens.

I've got 3 Coronation Sussex, 1 Cream Brabanter, 1 Olive Egger, 7 red pullets, 1 lavender Orpington and 1 black Orpington, 3 Buckeyes, 1 Barred Rock, 2 polish bantams (one is frizzle, and he's the pic of the week), 2 bantam frizzle cochins, and one silkie.

We've got an Irish Terrier, and a Pomeranian too.

We love to garden, and this year I've just learned how to can. (Pickles so far).

That's about it, anyhow, welcome and glad you've joined!

Sharon

3. texasgal

texasgal Brood with an Attitude

Apr 18, 2009
    A big Texas-sized [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. joedie

joedie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2009
    SW Indiana
    Hello and Welcome from Indiana!

5. mamawolf544

mamawolf544 Unbreakable Heart

Apr 29, 2009
    alvarado, Tx
    [​IMG] from Texas from a fellow Turkey lover. [​IMG]

6. KFox

KFox Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2011
    [​IMG] from Indiana!

7. Nicole01

Nicole01 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    [​IMG] Hi and welcome to BYC! I agree to this being a great site! It is very nice to meet you!

8. alabamayardbird

alabamayardbird Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2011
    Winfield, AL
    [​IMG] from alabamayardbird

9. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Louisiana!

10. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Glad you joined us.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by