New Member from Kansas

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Jmcggnj6, Mar 29, 2017.

1. Jmcggnj6

Jmcggnj6 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 29, 2017
    SE Kansas
    I always love reading your forums so thought it was time to join. We bought a place in the country about 4 years ago and bought chickens and ducks. It has been a learn as you go process for me. We have quite the variety. Easter eggers, australorps, barred rock, marans,pioneer and this year I brought home brahma and polish chicks. Sometimes I curse myself and wonder why I can't just say no but we love the beautiful color variety of the eggs we collect.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2017
  2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from a fellow Kansan and [​IMG]! Pleased to welcome another Sunflower Stater to BYC!! [​IMG]Don't worry - a lot of us can't say no when it comes to adding poultry! I went from wanting "a couple chickens for frying" to layers....ducks, geese, turkeys, guineas...and now PIGS!! [​IMG] But I wouldn't have it any other way!
    Hope you enjoy this site - it is full of great information and friendly and helpful folks. You can also visit the KS thread and say hey to some local poultry folks in this link: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/248925/consolidated-kansas
    Best wishes and thanks for doing BYC!! [​IMG]

3. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - please make yourself at home.

4. KikisGirls

KikisGirls Be Happy! Read more. Premium Member

Jul 31, 2015
    Houston, TX
    Welcome....
    to chicken math!![​IMG]

5. Circle W Farms

Circle W Farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2016
    Antreville,SC
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC.

6. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

I see you're in SE KS...I grew up in NE KS (but now in Wyoming). It sounds like you have a wonderful mixed flock!

It's nice to have you here, thanks for joining us!

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Thank you for joining us at Backyard chickens. Glad to have you here [​IMG]

8. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under Jmcggnj6 [​IMG] Welcome!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by