New member from Ky.

skymonkey

In the Brooder
9 Years
Nov 2, 2010
Howdy folks! I am new to raising chickens. Got my first flock back in the spring. My wife and I have 57 birds in all. 12 Pearl white leghorns, 10 red stars and the rest are buff orpingtons and only 3 roosters ( they work hard )......lol. other pets include 3 pitbulls, a Jack Russel, a 3 legged Beagle, and a lab mix. We Foster a lot of rescue pits and train them and find them adopters so they don't get put down in shelters. I am a mechanic by trade and other then chickens and dogs my other 3 hobbies are woodworking, skydiving and guiding elk hunters. Chicken farming has proven to be expensive but rewarding and now the flock is self sustained from selling eggs to pay for the feed. We plan to thin our flock this weekend by putting about 20 in the freezer but also planning to set about 30 eggs in our new incubator tommorrow for more meat birds. They should hatch on Thanksgiving day so all 4 of us will be home to watch. This will be our first attempt at hatching which is how I found this website (researching how to). I hope to learn from you guys and hope to be able to contribute back in the future.

welcome-byc.gif

"woodworking, skydiving and guiding elk hunters"

Wow you get around. You have gotton around to the right place. Hello and
welcome-byc.gif
frow.gif

Back
Top Bottom