1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New member from KY

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by kymom, Nov 3, 2014.

1. kymom

kymom New Egg

Nov 3, 2014
    Hi! My name is Alice and I'm completely new to the chick raising idea. We have several assorted chicks that are about a month old (I'm splitting them with a friend). Loving it so far and looking forward to the adventure. My thirteen year old daughter is joining me in this journey, so we are learning the ropes together. I have a few pictures that I would love if folks could help us identify the breed and gender if possible. Looking forward to being on here.

2. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC, Alice! Glad you decided to join our flock. Raising chickens is a great experience for children. My granddaughter (pictured in my avatar) loves our chickens. Definitely post your pics on here and we will take a look at them. Also, you can post them on our What Breed or Gender is This? section at https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/15/what-breed-or-gender-is-this, and let our experts there take a look at them. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

3. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Welcome to BYC! [​IMG]We're glad to have you.

We'll be happy to help determine breed and gender! [​IMG]

4. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    [​IMG] Glad you joined us!

I'll be happy to help identify and sex your birds!

5. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC!

6. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

Glad you've joined the flock! Definitely follow the link posted by Michael OShay above and we'll be happy to take a look at your birds....depending on the breeds they turn out to be we may be able to tell gender, but four weeks is a bit early - either way the "worst" that can happen is we suggest you post pictures again in a few weeks.

7. kymom

kymom New Egg

Nov 3, 2014
    Wow! Thanks for the welcome! Still trying to familiarize myself with the site, will post pics on the breed link either later tonight or tomorrow. Thanks again. Looking forward to being here!

8. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    You're welcome.

9. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

10. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member