New member from Mass.

JasonBawk

Hatching
Jun 18, 2017
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

Hello all. I am fairly new to chickens. I first got chickens a year ago, austrolorps and rhode island red, and a barred rock.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

Sadly, I lost my flock and had to start over. A predator found its way in and eventually took them out. I reinforced my coupe and got a rooster for protection.

(3) What breeds do you have? Now I have Speckled Sussex, Cuckoo Maran, Silver laced Wyandotte and maybe getting a jersey giant. also have one Sumatra rooster.

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
internet

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Flying, fitness, etc.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. I have a cat and a betta fish!

Hello there and welcome to BYC! :frow

I am sorry you lost your first flock. :hugs Predators are brutal things. I have built my coop like fort knox. LOL If I feel safe sleeping in there, my flock is safe too.

Sounds like you have some nice breeds! Love those Sumatra's. Is he friendly? Beautiful birds.

Make yourself at home here and we do welcome you to our roost! :)

Thank you. Yes, he is. Flighty, but he doesn't go after me or the hens! One goal I have here is to post up some pics of my coop and see if anyone has advice on making it more secure.

Back
Top Bottom