New Member From Middle GA!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by MaconMommy5, Mar 13, 2017.

1. MaconMommy5

MaconMommy5 Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Mar 13, 2017
    Central GA
    Hey All! I'm a Wife and Mom of Three Little ones. (A Three Year Old Daughter, And Two One Year Olds One Boy, One Girl. (Yes they're all mine, And no they aren't twins! Haha)
    We are new to this but the Doctor actually recommended this due to my oldest Daughter being Autistic and interested in Chickens! We're getting 1/2 Dozen eggs this week for Incubation. We already have the Incubator and Brooder Set up. We are getting Three Ameracuna's And Three Rhode Island Reds. I already have one Coop, And my husband is about to get to building an Extension and A Screened in "Run". As A Kid I often helped family with their incubation and chicken care, And I have even successfully incubated quite a few eggs as projects on their farm. But I know it's completely different to be the one solely in charge of it.. So Any Advice or Helpful tips are welcome!

Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
  2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]I'm sure your son will love the chicks when they hatch.

3. MaconMommy5

Mar 13, 2017
    Central GA
    It's actually my daughter, But I'm sure she will. She's super excited about it.

4. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - great that you have joined us. I'm sure that the whole family will love your chicken project. If you have any questions during incubating, then this forum would be the best place to post - https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/5/incubating-hatching-eggs

You'll find lots of info in the Learning Centre - https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center and if you have a specific topic in mind, just type it in the search box - there's a wealth of information on past and present threads.

You may wish to consider joining your state thread as it will put you in touch with other BYC members in your area - https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/270925/find-your-states-thread#post_3239224

All the best
    CT

5. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    [​IMG]

Smart doc!

6. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Hello from Kansas, MaconMommy, and [​IMG]! Happy you joined our community! CTKen gave you some great advice and links so I'll just say best wishes and thanks for joining BYC!

7. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Raising poultry is a great hobby for the whole family, it sounds like you all are in for a good time!

8. MaconMommy5

Mar 13, 2017
    Central GA
    Thank you! I'll check both of those out.

9. MaconMommy5

Mar 13, 2017
    Central GA
    Agreed! He's Never been wrong before, So if he thinks it will help, We are all for it. Especially since it's also something I've been wanting to do for a while.

10. TheKindaFarmGal

TheKindaFarmGal Overrun With Chickens

May 4, 2016
    Somewhere in the Universe
    Welcome to BYC!

Your children are adorable. [​IMG] I think getting chickens is a great idea! It's great to have you with us! I look forward to seeing you around!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by