New member from Mississippi

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by trail02, Feb 28, 2017.

1. trail02

trail02 New Egg

Feb 27, 2017
    I have a question? I have 12 week old 3 sex links and 4 road island reds and was wondering how much should they be eating at this point

2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    They will regulate their amount of eating so can will learn from them - how much is leftover and reduce the amount next day.

It's only meat birds that will eat and eat constantly and may need to be monitored so they live a little longer. They are generally processed at about 8-10 weeks of age their growth is explosive.

3. trail02

trail02 New Egg

Feb 27, 2017
    Thanks so much for the replay just wasn't sure they were eating enough because there were a little left over.

4. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, trail02, and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined our community! Diva's advice above is sound! Here are a couple links you might like: If you'd like to chat with local chicken folks, find your state thread in this link and say hello: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you
    Also, the Learning Center is packed with useful articles covering every stage and situation of chicken rearing: https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center
    Best wishes and thanks for joining BYC! [​IMG]

5. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Hello, and welcome to Backyard Chickens! Please make yourself at home here and enjoy yourself! :frow

~Cuz

6. N F C

N F C got coffee? Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Good advice above so I'll just say hello and thanks for joining us!

7. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under trail02 [​IMG] Welcome!

As you have already received some great advice, I will just wish you all the best.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by