New Member from MN

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Kannaya, May 18, 2016.

1. Kannaya

Kannaya New Egg

May 18, 2016
    Hey everyone!

My name is Ashley I have been interested in keeping chickens for years now. I already have names picked out and have been doing lots of research. We are finally moving to a better yard to keep them but of course the city has an ordinance against keeping them. I'm up to the challenge of changing this or creating an addendum. There was a family that had chickens in 2010 and tried to change it but it did not go through. I believe it has been long enough with more and more cities allowing it that it's a good time to try again. The city is Woodbury, MN. If anyone has any advice or if in that area and would like to help I'd b very appreciative!

Also, if there are any other fans of mini tacos, I'd be happy to talk at length about those as well. ^_^

2. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

3. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi Ashely and welcome to BYC. I'd say a good place to start looking for ideas for a strategy would be the "Local Chicken Laws and Ordinances (and how to change them)" forum.

I wish you the best of luck!

CT

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Please post on your state thread - you may find others that will rally round and support your efforts. Maybe even others who have succeeded in having their town laws changed to allow chickens. In CHICAGO allows chickens, you'd think you could have chickens anywhere.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by