New Member from Mt. Hood, Oregon

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Leslie Standen, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Leslie Standen

Leslie Standen Out Of The Brooder

Jan 27, 2012
    Hi everyone!
    I just started blogging a couple of days ago without introducing myself first. This Spring will mark the beginning of my second year with my "ladies" as I call them. I do have a "Roo" by accident when I purchased two Japanese Silkies for my grandson last Easter.
    He, however, is adorable and indispensable. He is blue and handsome as can be. He is the caretaker of my 9 other heritage breed ladies: (1 Dominique, 1 Plymouth Rock, 1 Silver Laced Wyandotte, 2 Buff Orphingtons, 1 Australorp, 2 Columbian Delaware, 1 Americauna, and his white Silkie lady. I will be adding on Wednesday, 3 Americaunas, another Aussie, another Dominique, 1 RIR, 2 Columbian Delaware and 2 Marans. I hope he doesn't head for the hills! I have had an adventurous year with only one heart break as a Chicken Hawk swooped down and killed my "Lady Owl" (Americauna) about 6 weeks ago. He did not fly off with her as my Brittany who was with me in the house, heard the commotion and flew outside frightening it away. It left her, but the hawk had already broken her neck. My husband was visiting family in California so he was not outside, as usual. Everyone else has been happy and healthy from the beginning and I guess I am really fortunate. I hope this year goes as well and now, I am always looking up ! I am looking forward to laughing and crying with you all and learning many new things to keep my flock happy and healthy.
    By the way, my husband is a wonderful carpenter and built an absolutely beautiful Coop and Paddock for the girls. He is always thinking of new things to build for them and they have a lovely assortment of outdoor roosts and large rock piles, on which they love, to entertain themselves when they are not ranging on the property. I hope to make new friends and it is always a joy to share with people who have like interests or should I say passions, when it comes to Chickens!
    Leslie

2. FriendlyFlyer

FriendlyFlyer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2011
    Glad you've made it on to BYC!!! This is a great big Backyard Chicken welcome! [​IMG]

3. Scovy Momma

Scovy Momma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 21, 2012
    Sacramento CA
    [​IMG] from your neighbor in Cali!

4. ChickenLeg

ChickenLeg Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2012
    Welcome! [​IMG] Hope you enjoy it here! I just recently joined at the beginning of the month and ive already realized that everyone is friendly and very helpful! I hope you enjoy BYC as much as I do! (im stuck on here 24/7 except when Im with my flock) [​IMG]

5. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

6. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    Hi and welcome to BYC from northern Michigan [​IMG]

7. DDNONIN2016

DDNONIN2016 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2012
    SW Ohio
    Hello and welcome from Southwest Ohio

8. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Glad you joined us.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by