New Member from NC

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by KristinaL, Feb 5, 2009.

1. KristinaL

KristinaL New Egg

Feb 5, 2009
    Hi, my name is Kristina and I live near Charlotte, NC. I currently do not have any chickens, but I am trying to get ready to get my first ones this spring.

I'm so terrified that I will do something wrong that I am doing as much research as possible. My mom got me the book "Storey's Guide to Raising Chickens" and I am looking all over the internet for additional information. That's how I found this fabulous site!

I currently have a husband, a 17-year-old nephew (my husband and I have custody), 2 dogs and 3 cats. I love to work on my vegatable garden, crochet and knit, cook and read.

I have always wanted a hobby farm and raising a few chickens and having fresh eggs seemed like a good place to start. I have a 10' X 10' dog kennel that I am thinking of turning into a pen. We will probably build a coop to fit into it.

I am open to any advice for a newbie!

Thanks!
    Kristina:D

2. Rooster Ray

Rooster Ray Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2008
    South West Michigan
    [​IMG]

3. gamebirdsonly

gamebirdsonly Overrun With Chickens

Mar 5, 2007
    UTAH
    Glad to have you here.

4. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    [​IMG] from TN. "Storeys Guide To Raising Chickens" is a great book.

5. 4boysmom

4boysmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2007
    Welcome - I live on the SW side of Charlotte. Getting ready to hatch some little ones in the next couple of weeks. If I have extras, I'm wanting to sell some if you're interested. I am getting Faverolles & Welsummers.

Another great place to get supplies (and chicks near Easter ) is Mt. Holly Farm Supply.

6. Big Blue

Big Blue Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2008
    Howdy! We are from near Charlotte too!

7. peckndirt

peckndirt Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2009
    North Carolina
    [​IMG] Theres alot of people here from NC

8. sandspoultry

sandspoultry Everybody loves a Turkey

Feb 10, 2008
    Eastern NC
    Welcome to the flock. There is lots of people here that are from NC.
    This group is great for a lot of advise. Just look around and read the post.
    Sharon

9. vortec

vortec Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2009
    Martin County, NC
    Welcome! I'm from the eastern end of the Old North State. I too do not have chickens yet but am hoping to get some the first week in March. I can't wait. This is a great site because I knew nothing before I started posting question after question and now I feel I at least know how to get started. Great site for asking questions and getting them answered correctly and quickly. You'll get addicted to BYC, I sure am.

vortec

10. citalk2much

citalk2much Twilight Blessings Farm

Dec 22, 2008
    GR MI: TN bound!
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by