New member from NE Oklahoma

wdmyers

In the Brooder
10 Years
Mar 17, 2009
Mannford
(1) I have had chickens in the past. I had some Black Australorps three years ago. One of my kids raised 90 broilers for the Drumwright broiler show last spring. We moved and I am just now getting set up again. I learned a lot last time and I hope to get more into it this time around.
(2) Right now I don't have any birds. I am in the process of building a chicken house now. I hope to avoid some of the errors I made last time.
(3) I am open to different breeds. I will be looking to the heavy breeds to start. I want something dual purpose. I want eggs and meat for the table.
(4) I came across BYC while doing research online.
(5) I also raise pigs that my kids show in 4H and FFA. I also keep rabbits and I want to get into some game birds also.
(6) My Wife and I live in Mannford OK. We have five great kids. I grew up in NE OK, my Grandpa Charles always had chickens and rabbits. He used them to provide both meat and eggs for his family. I hope to pass this experience on to my kids.
(7) I signed up here hoping to find some good local resources.

welcome-byc.gif
We are NE of Tulsa, basically Sand Springs. We have some Rhode Island Reds, Americaunas (thats probably spelled wrongs), bantam cochins, and some Polish chickens. Hope you enjoy this site, there is a lot to learn on here. There is a thread with a lot of okies on it at this address below.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=23736

Hi wd - welcome! I'm in Tulsa and am starting my second flock anew after predators wiped out my clucks last year. Glad you're here!

Back
Top Bottom