New Member from Nebraska

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by StephStuh, Jan 14, 2017.

1. StephStuh

StephStuh New Egg

Jan 14, 2017
    Hi everyone, my name is Steph and I'm the proud owner of 8 Rhode Island Red hens! My husband and I bought our chicks last spring and they are doing very well. We raised them in our bathtub until they were old enough to go outside! We are going through our first season of them laying eggs and we've been getting anywhere from 8-12 eggs per day! This is a whole new adventure for me but I've loved every minute of it! [​IMG]

2. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under Steph [​IMG] Welcome!

Congratulations on the eggs! [​IMG]

You might want to say hello on your local thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you ‘Find your State’s thread.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Steph, and :welcome! Great to have you aboard! Glad you have had such a successful first chicken experience! Best wishes and thanks for joining BYC! :)

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Nice to meet you Steph, welcome to the Backyard chickens flock [​IMG]

5. LauraBrown

LauraBrown Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome to BYC Steph! Glad you joined us!

6. MasterOfClucker

MasterOfClucker Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2016
    Iowa
    [​IMG]

7. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Hi Steph, it's nice to hear your RIR girls are doing well!

8. IdyllwildAcres

IdyllwildAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Now thats what you call productive hens, I have heard of the occasional hen laying 2 per day but to have 4 give two per day on the same day!

[​IMG]

Gary from Idyllwild Ca here

9. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft!

Hello!
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to join the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around BYC.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by