1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

New Member from New Hampshire, Dawn

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by dmpalmer, Jul 28, 2010.

1. dmpalmer

dmpalmer In the Brooder

Jul 28, 2010
    Hi! My name is Dawn. I have three Pekin ducks and a week ago I had three chickens. My poor chickens have fallen prey to something small enough to get into my coop. I am very sad to have lost the last one, which I had for some time and was very friendly and talked to me and my toddler son. I think she was a NH Red or something similar. We are setting a have a heart trap tonight to try to rid our little farm of whatever the prowler is. After that I hope to replenish, I almost forgot to mention I have a little chick in the house. Small black, not sure of his breed, I say "he", I think he is a rooster. Nice to meet everyone!

2. mrslb333

mrslb333 Songster

Jun 15, 2010
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    [​IMG] Sorry to hear about your losses [​IMG] [​IMG] Hopefully you will catch the culprit [​IMG]

3. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

[​IMG] & [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. birdicus7

birdicus7 Chirping

Jul 17, 2010
    Coatesville, PA
    A great big hello, and we're glad to have you here. I hope you catch the critter!

5. MysticScorpio82

MysticScorpio82 Songster

May 2, 2009
    Maine, USA
    [​IMG] from Maine!! [​IMG]

6. Lynette

Lynette Songster

Hello and welcome! I am new here too. Sorry about your loss. Before I put my chickens in their coop, I set out live traps and ended up catching 6 raccoons total. Luckily, I haven't seen any since then. Also, use cat food in your trap. It works great.

7. sodbuster

sodbuster In the Brooder

Jul 20, 2010
    [​IMG] and [​IMG]

8. tobin123

tobin123 Songster

Mar 4, 2009
    fountaintown,indiana
    [​IMG] from Indiana

9. crazyaboutchickens

crazyaboutchickens Live Long And Prosper

Apr 10, 2010