New member from New Mexico! (Yes, NM is part of the USA; no, you don't need a passport to visit. lol

starsmile85

Hatching
5 Years
Apr 19, 2014
Alamogordo, NM
Hi! My name is Steph, I have a son who is almost 19 months, and I just got my first chicks on March 12. I'm pretty sure they're Austra Whites, that's what the lady who I got them from told me. She only wanted 3 but had to buy 6 from TSC so I got the other 3 from her. This is my first time having chickens and I'm so looking forward to getting fresh eggs!

Welcome from Illinois. Yes, I know about New Mexico , my sister and her family moved out there many years ago. Just when I learned to spell Albuquerque, She moved to Bernallilo (never spell it right) and my niece is in Rio Rancho. They are not interested in chickens but, they are family!!

Congrats. BYC is where to come for questions/answers. I am glad that TSC finally came to us. Prior to that, we relied on the auctions to get chicks or shipping. chicks do better with friends, probably why 6 is minimum.

images

Welcome to BYC!

Here...Here!! Alto, New Mexico!! Yes, One of Our 50 is Missing!!!!
lol.png

So glad you could join our community! What part of NM are you from? Getting any rain today? We got spit on about an hour ago, but I think that is our allotment for this weekend!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Enjoy your flock and welcome to ours!!

Thanks!!!

Hi neighbor! I'm in Alamogordo! Whoo-hoo!!!! Yes, we're getting rain; it started last night and has been sprinkling on and off since then! Makes for a wet Bountiful Baskets day but luckily we do all of our sorting in a building so no getting wet for me! lol

Thank you very much!!!

Holy Crow!! Alamogordo!!!!
woot.gif
Did you get your chicks from the TSC there on White Sands Blvd?? Great! I believe your chicks are coming from Privett Hatchery in Portales. I have had great luck with healthy chicks from this hatchery.

There are quite a few New Mexicans here on BYC, but most of them are up near Albuquerque and in the East Mountains. Here is our state thread if you want to do some chatting here...

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/18195/new-mexico

Well, if you are ever coming up into the mountains, feel free to stop by here! Just send me a PM before you are coming and we can get together!!!

Yes, they're from the TSC on White Sands. If you're correct, then that's awesome to read!

YAY! I've "joined" the thread. lol

Will do, that would be awesome, thanks!

We are very jealous you are getting rain!!!
big_smile.png
Still nothing up here.
D.gif

Edit to add: Rain...Rain...it Rained for 30 mins...and hard!!!
celebrate.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom