New Member from North Dakota

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Central Flyway, Nov 18, 2019.

1. Central Flyway

Central Flyway In the Brooder

Nov 18, 2019
    (1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? I am not new to chickens. I had bantams while I was growing up in New York state. The rooster was very mean and attacked me all the time. I didn't get any more chickens until after I was married. My husband and I had a flock of chickens about twelve years ago, but had to get rid of them when we moved from ND to OK. When we moved back to ND this year, we started another flock.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? We have about 40.

(3) What breeds do you have? Bielfelders, Austrolorps, Buff and White Orpingtons, Dominiques, Black Giants, Salmon Favorelles, Barred Rocks, Buff and Silver Brahmas, and Wyandottes.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? Taking care of them and watching them scratch around and play outside.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? fishing, gardening, horses

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. I have a husband, seven dogs two of them are rescue dogs. My husband hunts waterfowl and we have six Chesapeake Bay Retrievers.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

2. Pork Pie

Pork Pie Flockwit

Jan 30, 2015
    Hello and welcome to BYC. I hope that you enjoy your time here.

This is a useful link to take a look at - “How to...” guides. You may wish to consider including your location under your avatar (using the guide in the link above). You can use this link to contact members in your area - U.S. States

Best wishes

Pork Pie

3. HomesteaderWife

HomesteaderWife Crowing

Apr 24, 2015
    Alabama
    Hey there @Central Flyway and welcome to BYC! :welcome

You've come to a great site full of helpful and knowledgeable folks, so if you ever have questions don't hesitate to ask, as they're very quick to respond and help!

You mentioned loving horses and gardening, so here are some of BYC's sister sites to also check out:
    • https://www.backyardherds.com/ - Backyard Herds is great for owners of goats, sheep, cattle, rabbits, pigs, bees, you name it. I received alot of help when we owned goats and rabbits from this site.
    • https://www.sufficientself.com/ - The name says it all! Sufficient Self is a great place to learn and discuss self sufficiency and DIY projects/tips.
    • https://www.theeasygarden.com/ - The Easy Garden has alot of folks that have really helped me over the years in identifying plants/flowers/trees. Many folks there know about different gardening methods like Back to Eden. I see alot of seed swaps across TEG and these other sister sites.
    welcomeimage.png

4. ValerieJ

ValerieJ Crossing the Road

Jul 24, 2016
    Washington State
    Hi! :frow Welcome to BYC!

5. FortCluck

FortCluck Free Ranging

Sep 9, 2019
    Central Virginia
  6. Sequel

Sequel Free Ranging

:frow Hi and welcome! Wow that’s a lotta dog! :) Good luck with your flock!

7. BullChick

BullChick Enslaved by a Duckling

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
  8. BlueBaby

BlueBaby Enabler

Hello, and welcome! Glad that you joined! Good luck with your flock, and the dog's!

9. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Raven steals Christmas

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Hello there and welcome to BYC! :frow

Wow, you have some nice breeds of chicken!

So glad you decided to join our community! Make yourself at home here and enjoy BYC! :)

10. sourland

sourland Broody Magician

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Hello, and welcome to BYC.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: