New member from OK

OklaOutlaw

In the Brooder
10 Years
Sep 23, 2009
Stillwater, OK
Hello, I have visited the site many times but, finally got a round to setting up my membership.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
...... We had chickens for many years, went chicken-free for about 3 years and have now had chickens again for two years.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
...... LOL! My husband says, but I only wanted a few laying hens
big_smile.png

That just opened the door and now we have about 100 chickens, two turkeys, a goose, and 20 ducks

(3) What breeds do you have?
...... We have Buff orpington hens, standard game hens & two roos, bantam Shamos - two trios, a pair of Polish, a pair of Crevecours, a Turken pullet, a trio of Belgium d'Anvers, one lonely BB Red Rosecomb pullet (stupid raccoon!), a quad of Brown Red Modern Bantams, and several varieties of OEGB. Plus offspring of the seperated pens. Oh, then we have a pair of Slate Blue Turkeys, three pairs of Welsh Harlequin ducks, a trio of Cayuga ducks, and eight Muskovee ducks.

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
..... I found it several months back while doing an internet search

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
..... We raise and show American Pit Bull Terriers and have started showing or birds, I am a freelance Web Designer, and I make jewelry.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
.... I have a wonderful husband, four kids (three teenage girls at home & son in the Marine Corp). We also have 12 dogs, several cats, a Rosy Boa (snake), & a Bearded Dragon (Lizard). I work for OSU Vet Med. My husband works for a construction company.

I am planning on attending POOPS and looking forward to it. Hoping that maybe (fingers crossed) someone will have BB Red Rosecombs available.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

welcome-byc.gif
from Tulsa! I'm so glad you joined BYC - it's great, isn't it?!

I see that you may be coming to the People of Oklahoma Poultry Swap (POOPS) - cool beans. If you come over to the Okies in BYC thread you can post your wish list of what birds you're hoping to find at POOPS. That Okie thread is here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=2929444#p2929444
Oh...and
we're really, really chatty, so please forgive if it takes awhile for us to say hello...we won't forget you!

And...I'm making nametags for POOPS - your screen name and first names of the people in your party...PM me with your first names and I'll make sure you have tags at POOPS! Glad you're here!!

Hello and welcome aboard. BYC is such a great place, isn't it? Sounds like you have quite a love of chickens and a wonderful family.

Nice to meet and greet you.

Have a blessed evening.

Back
Top Bottom