New Member from PA

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by bluelight320, Jan 1, 2017.

1. bluelight320

bluelight320 Just Hatched

Jan 1, 2017
    Gettysburg, PA
    Hi! My name is Rich and I am from Gettysburg, PA and a new member of the BYC Forum. I am a beginner but have inherited some White Silky Sultans from our houses previous owner. I plan on some Barred Rocks (my wife's request!) and Rhode Island Reds in the Spring and will be building another coop to house these chickens.

2. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Hi Rich, thanks for joining us! If you haven't already, check out the Learning Center for lots of good articles to get you off on the right foot.

Once you have 20 posts, you can use the buy-sell-trade forum to find birds (every age from fertile eggs to point of lay).

You might also like to chat with the other members in PA...just use the search box to find the Pennsylvania state thread.

Good luck with your new birds!

3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, bluelight, and [​IMG]! Great to have you with us!! Those sound like some beautiful birds!! Best wishes and that you for joining our community!

4. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome Rich

Glad you could join the flock! That's so nice of you to take on the sultans so they can stay in their home. Good luck with your new coop build and adding to your flock. I hope it all goes well and you enjoy your new breeds.

Enjoy your time here on BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

5. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under Rich [​IMG] Welcome!

Congratulations on your newly adopted feathered family!

I hope you enjoy BYC. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Nice to meet you Rich. Glad you joined us at Backyard chickens [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by