new member from Plant City, Florida

yellowbutterfly

In the Brooder
5 Years
Sep 10, 2014
Hello everyone,

My husband and I received 4 chickens, along with their coop, several months ago from a friend who was moving and couldn't take them with her. I've been reading all the helpful advice and figured it was time to stop lurking and join the site. We have 2 Buff Orpingtons and 2 Easter Eggers and we have been having so much fun with them and enjoying their eggs. I'm looking forward to learning more about backyard chicken keeping!

Hey!!
frow.gif
Welcome to BYC!!! Make yourself at home and feel free to ask questions.

Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

EEs and Buff Orps are great breeds!!!

Enjoy them and welcome to the flock!

Glad you are enjoying your chickens. Hmm, I see more chickens in your future. Make the coop bigger than you think you will need.

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

This is the place to be for all the learning and fun!

So pull up a roost bar and welcome to our flock!

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. My sister lives in Florida. You have some nice chickens. I have raised Buff Orpingtons for years and they are a wonderful breed; hardy, beautiful, calm and gentle (my children, and now my granddaughter, made lap pets of them), and good layers of large, brown eggs. Our Easter Eggers are my granddaughter's favorites. She loves their colored eggs. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

A big thanks to everyone for your warm welcome!

And, yes, drumstick diva, my husband, who loves to build things, is already thinking about building a larger coop.

Back
Top Bottom