New Member from Southampton, MA

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by boxedcow, May 11, 2011.

1. boxedcow

boxedcow Out Of The Brooder

Hi Everyone,

I am so excited to finally be a new chick mommy!

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

I am new to chickens, I just got my baby chicks on May 29th and then 2 (2wk olds) on May 30th.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

I have a total of 5

(3) What breeds do you have?

I have two partridge rocks, one black australorp, and two easter eggers. I was going to pick up a rhode island red but they sold them all just before I got there.

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?

Google [​IMG]

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

Working on computers and baking cakes

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

While picking up my chicks I ended up getting a baby African Grey Goose who was the very last one and I felt so bad for him, I picked up an Acona black duck to keep him company. In addition to my birds I have a rabbit my son took home at the end of 3rd grade ( he is now in 6th) and two cats that were kittens I found in my back yard the day I got the keys to my house! I am a single mom and as you can imagine already quite busy but I have always wanted to raise chickens as pets. Next steps to expand my farm will eventually be some goats (my mom wants one really bad) maybe a pig and I would love a miniature cow since cows are really my first love.

The coop is being built as I type this and will add pics to my profile soon [​IMG]

2. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

3. JulieNKC

JulieNKC Overrun With Chickens

Sep 25, 2010
    Kansas City
    [​IMG] from Missouri!

4. DuckLover179

DuckLover179 Waddles & Puddles

Nov 28, 2010
    California
    [​IMG]

Welcome to BYC from CA!!! [​IMG]

5. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Ohio. So glad you joined. [​IMG]

6. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Congrats on your chicks, gosling, & duckling & good luck [​IMG] Goats are great & ya'll will love them. We started our hobby farm with goats first & it's been so relaxing to just go out in the field & watch the kids bouncing around. We have a pig, too, but she's convinced that she's a goat [​IMG]

7. Katydid2011

Katydid2011 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2011
    West Coast USA
    Hello from Oregon and welcome to BYC! Do they seriously have miniature cows? I know about miniature horses and donkeys but cows? I have no idea why the idea makes me smile so, but it does! [​IMG] I want one!

8. ghillie

ghillie Hen Pecked

Nov 13, 2008
    Colorado Springs, Co
    [​IMG]

9. Chicken.Lytle

Chicken.Lytle Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome to BYC! You have come to the coolest place on the internet for chicken knowledge.

I started with chickens last summer and the people of BYC have been great. This year I have tried hatching and buying chicks for even more chickeny joy. Please visit my BYC Page for my blog links that you may find informative or amusing.

10. Attack Chicken

Attack Chicken [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Hu

Sep 25, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    [​IMG] from Indiana!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by