New Member From Southeast Georgia

CHICKEN_CRAZY

Hatching
10 Years
Feb 10, 2009
Good Morning!

Well, it finally seems as if I've found my "nest"! I am a chicken lover and come from a family that has had chickens since I can remember from childhood.

I live in Southeast Georgia. We have just completed our chicken "condo" as our neighbors have called it. The pen is close to 40 feet long, 18 feet wide, wired totally around it, double-layered with tin along the outside at bottom to keep critters from getting in. They have a 36 cage laying room, and a roost that any chicken would be proud to sleep in. To look at it, it's rough hewn, but it's really nice. We also have half of the pen with tin over the top for shading and to keep them dry in case of rain. Well, at least partially dry compared to being in the open all the time.

I was raised on a farm for the most part of my life. My father was USAF and in the summer and between bases, we would go stay at the farm. My job was to feed, water and clean the coop. Plus, I had to gather eggs, wash them and get them ready to sell for my grandmother.

I had two uncles in the poultry business; one still is. I also worked at a poultry plant, Crider Poultry, inspecting bird lines...working up under the USDA folks there.

This will be our second "home" for chickens. We moved from the original place. I gave my "babies" away to another chicken lover when we moved. I missed my "girls". Many days I would go sit in the coop and talk to them. They became more of my pets, some even had names. So, I am really excited to furnish our new chicken home with chickens.

My husband and kids tell me all the time I am chicken crazy. They also say the neighbors will probably look at me and say, "well, now we have a looney in the 'hood. She talks to chickens!".

I hope to learn from this site and also hope to have some positive input as well.

Thank you all,
CHICKEN_CRAZY

welcome-byc.gif
Welcome from NY

Hello there from a long way away in England. This is a great place to learn, help out, laugh a lot, cry a little and share with people who are as CRAZY about CHICKENS as I am!!!! I'm sure you will have a great time. WELCOME, WELCOME, WELCOME!!

Welcome from Tn.
this is the place for you . you have now
entered the wonderful world of chicken lovers ,
your coop sounds like a Castle for chiks LoL
Send pics when u can. We need to expand .

sissy

Back
Top Bottom