1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New member from SW Michigan.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Elmer Fudd, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Out Of The Brooder

Feb 5, 2014
    Michigan
    Just joined this morning. I got started with poultry 3 years ago when my daughter joined 4H and we took a trip to chick days at the local farm store when mom was out of town. We came home with 4 ducks and a RIR pullet. Mom was not real excited! We expanded our flock with more ducks, chickens, guineas and a Red Golden Pheasant. The following year we diversified into turkeys (16)( Burbon Red, Narragansett and Royal Palm). Our days of turkey ranching were short lived after the birds failed to impress the wife after trashing her flowers, scratching her car and other messes. My daughter and I loved them but Mom is the ultimate boss. My daughter enjoys showing her birds and always does well at the local county fair and has earned many ribbons with various breeds of bantams and large fowl. This year we are ordering show quality chicks from Urch/Turnland through Strombergs. Our goal is best in show for open class. We should be getting our chicks in the next few weeks.

5 Black Langshan
    5 Columbian Wyandotte
    5 Silver Lackenvelders
    5 White Faced Black Spanish
    5 Buff Cochin

We are hooked, can't wait to get started.:D

2. hat looks like a nice selection.

Welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

3. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

Good luck in all your poultry adventures and enjoy BYC!

4. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! Sounds like you will have a really nice flock, good luck at the shows with them.

5. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    [​IMG] Glad you joined us!

6. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Welcome to BYC! [​IMG]We're glad to have you. It sounds like you're getting some nice chicks. Columbian Wyandottes are one of my favorite breeds of chicken-- you'll enjoy them!

7. gander007

gander007 Chicken Obsessed

[​IMG]

8. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG] and congratulations to your daughter doing so well in the show ring.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by