New member from the Philippines

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Lincoln3419, Nov 23, 2013.

1. Lincoln3419

Lincoln3419 New Egg

Nov 23, 2013
    Hello I am happy to be a new member of BackYard Chickens.com. My brother-in-law gave me 1 rooster, 1 hen and 9 chicks. This is the first time I will take care of chickens so I browsed the internet for some ideas on how to feed, house and raise them and I found BYC as a great resource. I started feeding my chickens with rice I collected from our rice pot and plates while washing them. My uncle who is a farmer, give some kilos of his yellow corn in exchange for kitchen scraps which he feed to his pigs. I also learned the black soldier fly larvae as food supplement and found it very interesting, after the rainy seasons, I am planning to start a compost bin of our kitchen scraps using grubs, since in addition to our kitchen scraps my parents and grandparents gives theirs so I can use them for my redworm compost. I also constructed a chicken coop out of available resources near our backyard piggery and I have just finished it and transferred the chickens to the coop. My father gave me a rooster (palo breed?), his friend gave to him. He is a big breed, and a perfect match for my hen which is a little bit small but my brother-in-law said they lay handfull of eggs. I named him "Lincoln" which is my username. I am very happy watching my chicks grow with shinny and colorful feathers and I am looking forward to learn more great ideas to our friends here at BCY while contributing mine.

2. Happy Flock

Happy Flock Out Of The Brooder

Nov 11, 2013
    Victoria, Australia
    Hello Lincoln and welcome to Backyard Chickens.[​IMG]
    I am from Australia and I joined this community recently. Everyone here is very friendly and I'm always learning from others' experiences.
    It seems like you have a very sustainable lifestyle. I'd love to see pictures of your chickens and their coop!

3. petrel

petrel Chats with Chickens

Hello and Welcome!

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

5. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey