new member from Tx

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by 254trucker, Mar 27, 2017.

1. 254trucker

254trucker Just Hatched

Mar 27, 2017
    Cameron Tx
    New to the forum. But have referred to the site for several months for very useful information. My wife and I have recently started a new flock and found the information and experience on this site to be very useful.

2. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hello and welcome to BYC - great that you have joined us.

You'll find lots of info in the Learning Centre - https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center and if you have a specific topic in mind, just type it in the search box - there's a wealth of information on past and present threads.

You may wish to consider joining your state thread as it will put you in touch with other BYC members in your area - https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/270925/find-your-states-thread#post_3239224

All the best
    CT

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Thank you for letting us know how BYC has been helpful for you. Welcome to the flock [​IMG]

4. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under 254trucker [​IMG] Welcome!

As you have already received links to some great starting points, I will just wish you all the best.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out [​IMG]

5. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Congrats on starting a new flock! What breed of chickens are you raising?

6. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, 254trucker, and [​IMG]! Great to have you in our community! Looks like you've already received some great advice and links so I will just say best wishes and thanks for joining BYC! [​IMG]

7. 254trucker

254trucker Just Hatched

Mar 27, 2017
    Cameron Tx

8. 254trucker

254trucker Just Hatched

Mar 27, 2017
    Cameron Tx
    Not sure where to post this but when is it a good idea to start hatching clutches to sustain my flock? At what age?

Last edited: Apr 5, 2017

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by