New member from West Sussex, England

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by didimcl, Oct 6, 2016.

1. didimcl

didimcl Just Hatched

Oct 6, 2016
    Hi, I have a small mixed flock of Brahma and Sussex chickens, many of whom are geriatrics and have stopped laying eggs eons ago. Still, they are so greedy and sweet and stand at the gate demanding their dinner. I would not be without them. Over the years, thanks to Backyard Chickens and the kindness and diligence of people who take the time to help other chicken lovers, I have had all my worries and concerns answered. I am about to add to my little brood with some Frizzles so would welcome any advise you think pertinent

2. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
  3. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    [​IMG] so glad you decided to join us.

Adding newbies to the flock can be challenging. There are numerous threads with the same issues and you should explore those by searching "adding to the flock" or "integrating new chickens".

But here's a link to a Member's Article which goes into the subject in detail:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/adding-to-your-flock

I have had only one experience of reintegrating a recovered hen and it was challenging. But I also plan to add to my aging flock next year.

Good luck with the adventure, feel free to ask questions - if you decided to start a thread to get specific advice, it helps if you describe your flock management ( free range, confined, etc) and post pics of the coop and existing flock.

4. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings and :welcome. Happy you joined our community! Looks like Sunflour and CTKen have given you a couple great links so I'll just say best wishes and thanks for joining BYC! :)

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to Backyard chickens you may also want to check out 'the look but, don't touch," method of integration. Just put that in the searchbox and it will come uip.

6. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

Welcome to BYC! It's great to have you.

7. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Welcome to Backyard chickens! Glad you joined us and I hope you make yourself at home!

8. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

9. ninjawesome

ninjawesome Currently being awesome Premium Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Wild, Wild West
    Hi and [​IMG]! We are glad you joined the flock! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by