New Member from WV

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by MollySanWV, Feb 6, 2013.

1. MollySanWV

MollySanWV Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2012
    West Virginia
    Hello I am a stay at home Mom with my 2 1/2 year old little girl and am about to have another little girl in a month. I have 9 chickens consisting of 2 black australorps, 2 barred rocks, 2 light brahmas and 3 rhode island reds. I have 4 dogs (all boxers) 3 cats and 2 lionhead bunnies. I also have 3 mallard ducks that think they are chickens and everyone gets along great! I had my first egg hatching experience a month ago I hatched 7 out of 16 bbs orpington eggs now i just hope they are not all roosters. I am wanting to add more to my flock this spring when the weather warms up as we are building a new home on my parents farm and will have all the room and land we want. I am especially wanting to purchase some silkie eggs very soon because I think they are absolutely adorable and think they would make good pets for my little girls and myself! I have already learned so much from this website about chickens and look forward to learning more so that I can increase my flock and give them the love and care that they deserve!

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Wow, you have a lot going on. Congratulations on the pending birth and new home, and welcome to BYC.

3. r4eboxer

r4eboxer Crooked Creek Poultry

Sep 20, 2011
    Fairmont
    [​IMG] Hello and welcome, I too am from WV, what part are you from? You really do have a lot going on right now. It's great that you are able to stay home with your girls and your farm. I bet your house is going to be incredible.

I know what you mean about not wanting all roosters, that gets expensive to raise up roos that are of no use to us. I'm dealing with that right now.

4. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
  5. MollySanWV

Dec 12, 2012
    West Virginia
    I'm from southern WV in Fayette County I was born and raised here and can't imagine living anywhere else:) It is a lot going on but animals have always been my passion and in a way it kind of all keeps me going, my parents raised my sisters and I around lots of animals and I want my girls to grow up the same way :)

6. TravisE

TravisE Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2012
    fayette county wv
    [​IMG] im also from wv.

7. TravisE

Mar 27, 2012
    fayette county wv
    im in the oak hill area of fayette county

8. MollySanWV

Dec 12, 2012
    West Virginia
    I'm from Ansted, not far from you at all!

9. TravisE

Mar 27, 2012
    fayette county wv
    your the first other than me that ive seen from fayette county on here.

10. r4eboxer

r4eboxer Crooked Creek Poultry

Sep 20, 2011
    Fairmont
    Y'all are further south than I am, I'm in Marion County up north. It's good to know there are at least some hillbillies on here. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by