New Member here from East Texas

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by LuvnMyFeatheredBabies, Jun 20, 2011.

1. LuvnMyFeatheredBabies

LuvnMyFeatheredBabies New Egg

Jun 20, 2011
    (1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? I am very new to chickens, only had them for about a month now. My best friend got my into it after she got her first two chicks. I took her to pick out two more for her birthday present, and came home with my pair of self blue dutch bantams Jack & Ella.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? Just two right now, a banty hen (Ella ~ 3 months 1 week) and a banty rooster (Jack ~ 3 months 3 weeks), I am hoping to get a couple of more hens at least for the time being. Once we move out of my in-laws house, I plan to have lots more.

(3) What breeds do you have? Self Blue Dutch Bantams

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?Again, thanks to my best friend, she told me about this site when I was considering even getting the chickens.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? My other hobbies include reading and photography and jewelry making, among other creative ventures.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
    Hi! My name is Krystal, I currently live in Gladewater Texas. I am a married stay at home mom to my almost 6 year old son Hunter, who is my chicken helper. We also have a pair of gerbils named Mario and Luigi.

2. whiteflare

whiteflare Out of the blue

Mar 13, 2011
    Sydney
    Hullo. [​IMG] [​IMG]
    The forum's very quiet around this time [​IMG] (I'm in Australia, it gets bad for me!) but I think you'll enjoy yourself, it's a nice place, family atmosphere, etc.

1) I got my chickens about three years ago. That's how old the senile old hens are, but we've got a couple of younger girls too. [​IMG]

2) I have four. Soon to be three, I think, because one is quite ill and legarthic... [​IMG]

3) Mine are all sex-links [​IMG] They're meant to be New Hampshire Reds, but I'm not convinced [​IMG] The breed might have something to do with why the hens are aging so fast, hectic laying schedules they have on them...

4) Poultryland [​IMG] I used to be a bit of a loser. I had four accounts on PL once upon a time (now down to one), and I heard BYC mentioned on the forums.

5) I have no particular hobbies. I like to write, but i don't do it often enough for it to be really called a hobby [​IMG] How about chatting online, listening to liveatc and reading the stock forums? [​IMG]

6) I'm Liz. Senior school student, who feels a lot older than she actually is [​IMG]
    I live, like I said, in Australia, miles and miles away from any other country besides New Zealand [​IMG] I have lived in the UK and would love to visit the US one day.

I love gerbils, by the way. Cute little buggers [​IMG]

3. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

[​IMG]

congrats on getting chickens

Imp

4. Smittenroade

Smittenroade Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2011
    North East Texas
    WOOT WOOT! Welcome fellow Texan! If you need any help I'm just down the road in Texarkana! :-D

Hope you have a good time in BYC ^__^

5. renart

renart Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2009
    Kingston, WA
    [​IMG] from NW Washington State! [​IMG]

6. Chicken.Lytle

Chicken.Lytle Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome to BYC! You have come to the coolest place on the internet for chicken knowledge.

I started with chickens last summer and the people of BYC have been great. This year I have tried hatching and buying chicks for even more chickeny joy. Please visit my BYC Page for my blog links that you may find informative or amusing.

7. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Louisiana!

8. schellie69

schellie69 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2009
    Kansas
    [​IMG] from Kansas

9. Benelli

Benelli Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 18, 2009
    Welcome aboard!!!

10. MSDeb

MSDeb Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome to BYC, glad you decided to join! Good luck with your birds.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by