New member here from Kentucky

crazyboxerlady

Chirping
May 16, 2015
Paintsville, KY
Around Easter week, my twin girls begged for me to buy them some chicks. We started with 12 little Rhode Island Reds. Each week during chick days at Tractor Supply, we added more to our little flock. Since then we've become chicken addicts! We've built 2 new coops and ordered our first incubator to try our very own egg hatch next week. We are learning but are novices with this new adventure. The girls love it. I'll admit that I'm loving it as well. I think im just as excited about hatching eggs as they are. Now we just have to find more and hope they hatch
1f600.png
And I know we will need advice along the way

Hello!

Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to joined the BYC family. :frow
That is one thing that they don't tell you when your buying chicks, is how addictive they are. :gig Good luck with your hatching adventure! I look forward to seeing you around the BYC. But remember, pictures! Lots and lots of pictures! :p

Love your avatar!! Glad you joined the BYC flock. Remember BYC is here for you If you come upon threads for HATCH-a-LONGS, even the outdated ones, you can learn a lot by reading the posts, there will be many questions, situations and remedies suggested. Good things to file away for later.

Thank you for the warm welcome! I'll try to share some pics of our babies. The RIR are almost 7 weeks old now. The two white ones look to be Delaware. The 3 little bantams I'm told are old English silver duckwings? And we splurged on 10 Americauna chicks last time. I don't know what we are thinking! Lol

Back
Top Bottom