New member here from Texas!

Shelley Joleen

In the Brooder
8 Years
May 23, 2011
Texas Coast
Hi! My name is Shelley and I live on the Texas coast with my husband Dezi, two daughters ages 15 and 7, basset hound/sharpei mix Molly, two cats, one goat named Christine, 2 ducks, 6 geese, and about 80 chickens of various ages. We have raised chickens off and on for the last 10 years, but just recently decided to get serious about it and try a larger flock. We are new to the ducks and geese. I have been trolling around this forum a while but never registered until now. There is a wealth of information here!! I look forward to showing off my pretty birds and learning a lot!

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? I had chickens and ducks when I was a kid and started raising my own chickens 10 years ago.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? about 80... they can be hard to count some days lol

(3) What breeds do you have? We have a big mixture of breeds including RIR, barred rock, americaunas, white crested black polishes, egyptian fayoumi, 1 silkie, 1 blue andalusian, 1 salmon faverolle, 1 dorking, and lots of others I haven't identified yet

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com? Facebook

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? When I am not taking care of our pets I am being a taxi driver for my active children, but on occasion I have some me time in which I like to sew children's clothing or read. I also am into kickboxing, traveling, fishing, camping, and we take a yearly trip to the RenFest near Houston that we really love!

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. Well, I mentioned my family and other pets above. I don't work at the moment, but I am a full time student. Decided to go back to school at 32 to earn my degree. I am doing my school online and now that I am in my second year, it is taking up a lot of my time!

How do I set up a signature?? And how long before I can post pictures?

Hope to make some good friends on here and learn from everyone's experience!

Shelley
smile.png

Hello Shelley and welcome!

Wow, sounds like you've got a busy life and sooooo many chickens to take care of! I have 22 and I though that was an awful lot! Plus I have two adoreable turkey poults.....and two bunnies, and two dogs...and four kids...and 1 granddaughter and 1 grandbaby on the way.......and a full time job....

I don't think I would have the energy to go back to school........Good for you!

I believe you can make your signature by going into your profile....very easy. I don't remember the rule about waiting to post pics....

Well, take care and again, welcome from OHIO!

Sharon

Hello Shelly and welcome to BYC! What a wonderful menagerie ya'll have!

Yes,.. being a new member,... the system won't let them post images or links. But after a number of posts ,. about 10 I think,.. you will be good to go!

Back
Top Bottom