1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New member here.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Blackbird Farm, Apr 13, 2017.

1. Blackbird Farm

Blackbird Farm New Egg

Apr 13, 2017
    Memphis TN
    Introducing myself. I've been a backyard chicken owner for the past six years having had a variety of breed's including Buff Orphington's, Americauna's, Barred rocks, Black Sex Links and New Hampshire Reds. I have just recently acquired some Penedeseca chicks and hope to breed those. I am not experienced it breeding chickens but I am willing and eager to learn. I look forward to the support this group will provide. Thank you in advance

2. BYCforlife

BYCforlife Chillin' With My Peeps

Hello Blackbird Farm! [​IMG] Glad you could join us! If you need information on chickens, You have come to the right place!!! Enjoy the forum!

3. dragonthehunter

dragonthehunter Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2016
    New brunswick Canada
    [​IMG] Welcome from NB Canada if you need chicken info this is definitely the place to come

4. Cntry1958

Cntry1958 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2017
    Somewhere in Maryland
  5. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under Blackbird Farm [​IMG] Welcome!

As you have already received links to some good starting points, I will just wish you all the best.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out [​IMG]

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    BYC user name Ronott (California) also has Penedeseca and is very knowledgeable about them. You can usually find him on "The Old Folks thread," he is NOT that old, I am!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by