New member here

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Hollychic11, Jun 17, 2011.

1. Hollychic11

Hollychic11 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 20, 2011
    Canonsburg PA
    Well my chicken problem started in 2005 when I moved my city boy husband to country..we moved right by a farm that had chickens and after a few months he announced that we were getting some fuzzy buts from the neighbor... He built a small coop for the original nine peeps we got and after getting rid of 2 of the roos we had settled into life raising them and getting eggs...fast foward to when our first lady died about 2 years later didn't know about this site them but my dad an old farmer said sometimes that just happens.. Then one of our neighbors dog got two more of our ladies sooo...the next sping just had to get more fuzzy buts from TSC. Found this site when we were looking for a bigger coop design more chickens=bigger coop and found it extremely helpful and now I have to admit "My name is Holly and I'm a fuzzybutaholic" is there such a thing a CA? Everyday I look forward to the forum and a big THANK YOU to all the people on here that have helped me and didn't even know it....

PS... I"m from SW PA where I live with my DH, 2 great kids, 2 dogs, 4 cats, 3 guinea pigs, 3 rats, and of couse my many chickens. With lots of support from my dear old farmer Dad.

2. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

3. jtbrown

jtbrown Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    Southeastern Ohio
    Welcome!

4. terrilhb

terrilhb Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Georgia
    [​IMG] from Ga.

5. FarmCoe

FarmCoe Flock Mistress

May 22, 2010
    Planet Earth
    I'm surprised you didn't find this site earlier. It's great [​IMG]

6. Inkheart

Inkheart Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2010
    Columbus Ohio
    [​IMG]

7. MSDeb

MSDeb Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome to BYC, glas you decided to join us. Hope you have good luck with your birds.

8. The Burg Peeps

The Burg Peeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2011
    Ontario
    [​IMG] from Ontario, Canada and [​IMG] .

9. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Ohio. So glad you joined. You've come to the right place. [​IMG]

10. Chickencoop1996

Chickencoop1996 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    southern nh
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by