New member...hi..

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Shorty37, Oct 5, 2016.

1. Shorty37

Shorty37 New Egg

Hi everyone,my name is Lee and i have just joined you at BYC. I have got 11 chickens atm and I'm looking for some advice on breeds and generally looking after them as best as I can. My chicken obsession started with the kids pressuring me for 1 each,and as kids do the fad soon lapsed and I was left feeding and taking care of them and as they say,,,the rest is history and I fell in love with them and now I have 11 beautiful chickens.. I don't really know what else to say atm except hi everyone and looking forward to speaking to some of you very soon.. thanks..

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
  3. Shorty37

Shorty37 New Egg

Thank you very much redsox. I'm just trying to get used to the Byc site. I'm not very good with the Internet,but I'm really looking forward to getting used to using byc.

4. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Hi Lee, make yourself at home and if you have any questions, feel free to ask!

5. Shorty37

Shorty37 New Egg

Thank you NFC. I'm looking forward to chatting and getting advice and help.. I'm extremely new to raising chickens,but I do really enjoy them.
    I can't seem to upload photo's tho,I'd like to show some pics

6. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    If I remember correctly, you need to have a few posts under your belt to upload pictures but then you should be good to go.

If you haven't already done so, check out the Learning Center...there are some very helpful articles under that tab.

Good luck!

7. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
  8. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

9. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Welcome to Backyard chickens Lee, I am so glad you joined us. You have gotten great advice and links, so I will just say :frow, and good luck!

10. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Very nice to meet you Lee. I am not fluent in computer stuff either. You can get around easily by using the search box to find what you want. For instance enter"what breed or gender is this." and it will come up for you easy peasy. So glad you joined us at Backyard chickens [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by