New member in Bartlesville, Oklahoma

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by whitehilldairy, Jan 9, 2014.

1. whitehilldairy

whitehilldairy New Egg

Jan 9, 2014
    Howdy from Bartlesville, Oklahoma. My name is Randy White. We just inherited my Grandmother in Law's home, after living across the road for 15 years. Not that big of a move, but onto a much bigger farm. We're in the process of rebuilding, and repairing the dairy and farm. I recently worked on the Chicken house and have about 30 ft of fence to finish and we can bring our chickens back to their new home! Right now they're at my Mother in Laws place around the corner.

~~(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

We have had chickens for years. Our favorite are the Speckled Sussex and the Brahmas.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

Currently we have 25 hens and one very happy mixed breed roaster.

(3) What breeds do you have?

Mostly Sussex and Brahmas, but there are a few mixed breeds in the batch as well....lol

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?

We liked the facebook page and have a subscription to the magazine.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

As I said, we are rebuilding the dairy and farm, so for now, that's all the hobbies I can handle...lol. Eventually we want to build our own cheese cave, and make cheese products. Currently we make Goat's Milk Soap for some of the retail stores, and personal sales. Also we sell eggs when we have them. Later this spring, we'll be hatching out our first batch of Peafowl eggs, and I want to take orders for free range turkeys. It's going to be a busy farm around this area!!

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

It's just us two, with 5 outside dogs, one inside dogs, 3 cats, 2 Alpine Doe and one Oberhasli Doe, a Milking short horn calf, and three cows, and a 6.5yr old horse that I've had since he was 6 months old.

On a personal note, I look forward to reading and seeing all the post that the member put on here. Thx

2. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! Good luck with all your projects, you are going to be busy this year.

1 person likes this.
  3. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC!

4. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Hi there, [​IMG] and welcome to BYC!

Great to have you aboard and enjoy BYC!

5. liz9910

liz9910 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2012
    Northern California
    Welcome to BYC!

6. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Welcome to BYC - good luck with making all of your projects fully operational.

7. gander007

gander007 Chicken Obsessed

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by