1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

new member in BC, Canada!!!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Autumn Mama, Mar 15, 2009.

1. Autumn Mama

Autumn Mama Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2009
    British Columbia,
    [​IMG]

I'm about to begin the journey of a lifetime, with new chicks arriving in two more days, and then more on April 4th! I am a first-time chicken-mama and my family and I are uber excited.

We are a family of four: myself, a SAHM, my hard-working DH, and two wonderful boys, aged 7 and 3 (going on 7 [​IMG] ). We are life learners, meaning that I homeschool, in an unstructured, natural, child-led way that brings our family some rich and vibrant learning experiences. We believe that children (and adults too!!!) "are learning all the time", to quote John Holt.

We are planning a small 'backyard flock' of 10-12 chickens, which will live in the coop my Dh and boys will build on our farm. We plan to raise them in accordance with organic methods, and they will primarily provide us with eggs to enjoy, and extensive enjoyment in the care and observation of the ways of chooks.

I was linked to Backyard Chickens from another forum that I participate in, that is geared towards natural parenting, called Motheringdotcommune. On that forum there is a subforum addressing issues and questions pertaining to "living off the grid/country living", and now here we are! Inspired to raise and love chickens and learn all we can about them (and ourselves...)along the way.

Soooo happy to be part of this helpful, warm and interesting community![​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 15, 2009
  2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Welcome!

So glad you are here.

Jump on in, ask questions and someone here is bound to teach you something new every day.

You will love chickens and if you live on a farm, you'll probably want a roo so that you can have the entire experience.

3. patyrdz

patyrdz The Madd Hatcher

Feb 26, 2009
    Southern Pines, NC
    Hi, and Welcome from North Carolina!![​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 15, 2009
  4. eggchel

eggchel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Dec 26, 2006
    Both Coasts
    Welcome to BackyardChickens!

Jump right in!

Be sure to visit our Coops section for ideas.

chel

5. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    [​IMG] from TN

6. wendy

wendy On the Hill

Jun 14, 2007
    central louisiana
    welcome [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. n-da-woods