New member in Campbell, CA

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Itsjoma, Jun 14, 2010.

1. Itsjoma

Itsjoma New Egg

Jun 14, 2010
    Just found the site and am excited about learning more about chickens from the rest of you!

Although my dad has had backyard chickens for years, I have resisted until now.

I have accumulated 8 chickens now and it it time to stop! I have 2 Red Sexlinks, 2 Rhode Island Reds, 2 French Black Copper Marans and 2 Barnevelders. They range in age from 2 to 8 weeks. The youngest two are still in the house keeping warm and the rest are in temporary quarters in the dog house while I figure something permanent out.

2. chick4chicks

chick4chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2008
    N.E. Pa.
    [​IMG] and [​IMG]. This is a great site and you will learn a lot. Congrats on the chicks. You will learn the chicken math soon. 8 is not enough. [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. al6517

al6517 Real Men can Cook

May 13, 2008
    [​IMG]

4. cambriagardener

cambriagardener Chillin' With My Peeps

Hello and [​IMG] from Cambria, Ca. I'm probably the only one on this site to tell you to keep your flock small. You will enjoy them more! Best of luck. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 14, 2010
  5. write2caroline

write2caroline Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2009
    Jacksonville
    Small flocks are nice !

Welcome from Florida
    CAroline

6. DeanFarm

DeanFarm New Egg

Jun 22, 2012
    Hello Itsjoma,

How is your chicken raising going? My parents live in Campbell, near Capri Elementary, and my Mom would like to raise a few hens in the backyard. I am helping her find out if it something they are up for. Have you had problems with predators with your birds? My Mom thinks she wants to have a small mobile coop in order to move the fertilizer around the yard but I fear the mobile types are easier for critters to get into.

Any advice from a neighbor is appreciated. Hope you have enjoyed the experience!

7. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    Hi and welcome to BYC from northern Michigan [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by