New member in Georgetown texas help identify male or female

jluttrtally

In the Brooder
Dec 13, 2015
Georgetown texas
Hello! New member here and first time chicken owner! We have 6 white rock pulletts, 1 Rhode Island Red that just started laying ( finally!!! She's 25 weeks old!) an Americana whom we are not sure if she is a male or female and 2 guineas.
Could someone help me identify is our Americans is a boy or girl? I appreciate it!
[/IMG][/IMG]

Your "Americana" is definitely a pullet. However, she appears to be an Easter Egger rather than a true Ameraucana.

I wondered about that! I got her from a local farm instead of the feed store like the others when she was a week old. Thanks for the help! Come one green eggs!!!!!

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. My wife and I were both raised in the great state of Texas. :eek:) X2 on Wyandottes7; your Ameraucana is actually an Easter Egger pullet. If you haven't done so already, definitely check out our Learning Center at https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center. There is lots of useful information there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom