New Member in Georgia

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by GAChickenRanglr, Feb 27, 2016.

1. GAChickenRanglr

GAChickenRanglr New Egg

Feb 27, 2016
    Hey everybody!
    Just wanted to introduce myself. I've been lurking and learning for a while and figured it was time to join the club. I've had quail and a few chickens for a couple years but just got done with a chicken Taj Mahal as I call it and decided it was time to get more chicks. Just got my order of 30 chicks from Murry Mcmurry hatchery and all are happy and healthy. I will post some pictures later of the coop and my chicks.

2. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! Many of us were lurkers before joining, me included! I'm sure you will really enjoy your time here in BYC. Everyone here to help and very friendly. Your chicken Taj Mahal sounds great!! Congratulations on your new chicks :clapLooking forward to seeing pics of them.

Wishing you the very best of luck and enjoy BYC :frow

3. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

4. KeyFlock

KeyFlock Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2015
    Kansas
    [​IMG] I'm glad you joined us!!

5. GAChickenRanglr

GAChickenRanglr New Egg

Feb 27, 2016
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Here is my coop and the chicks in what was my feed bin but now brooder. Any idea what the chick is in the second picture?

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to the BYC flock. I see you are using a Mama hen heating pad arrangement. How is it working out for you?

7. GAChickenRanglr

GAChickenRanglr New Egg

Feb 27, 2016
    The heating pad is working good. It stays right at 95 degrees inside. I added the light on top because it has been very windy and in the thirties at night here for the past week and I wanted to make sure they were warm enough. Some seem to prefer the top deck and others in the cave. I have the top of the brooder (feed bin) proped up with a 5 gallon bucket and a blanket covering the gap at night and the temperature stays in the 90's. I plan to remove the light and blanket soon and use only the heating pads for the warmth they need.

8. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - great coop build - well done! If my flock saw that, they'd stage a protest of mammoth proportions! [​IMG] Hope all continues to go well with your chicks.

All the best
    CT

9. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft!

[​IMG]
    There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to join the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around the run.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by