New member in Idaho

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by annagoodspeed, Jan 24, 2017.

1. annagoodspeed

annagoodspeed Out Of The Brooder

Jan 24, 2017
    Central Idaho 3000 ft
    Hi All,
    Julie here, I have been reading the forum for some time and would like to officially give thanks for all the information I have received. This is the start of my third season of chicken obsession, so still lots to learn! Curently I am going the deep litter fermented feed electronet large pasture big garden travel trailer coop route, with a primary stationary divided coop that will hopefully be finished up once the snow melts.
    I have a mixed flock of 22 birds, started with locally available Welsummer and Partridge Wyandotte chicks. Added a couple CCLs and Partridge Brahmas that fall, a couple Black Marans last summer, and last fall decided to commit to Black and Blue Large Fowl Langshans as my primary breed.
    I picked up a breeding trio from Matt Stillman in Battleground Washington, and am absolutely smitten in multiple ways (with the Langshans, I mean, although Matt is very nice too!) .

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Julie, and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined our community and that you are back to feed your chicken obsession. Best wishes and thanks for joining BYC!!

3. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under annagoodspeed [​IMG] Welcome!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

4. LauraBrown

LauraBrown Chillin' With My Peeps

:welcome Glad you joined us!

5. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - great that you have joined us. Please make yourself at home here with us.

Best wishes
    CT

6. annagoodspeed

Jan 24, 2017
    Central Idaho 3000 ft
    Thank you all! I look forward to reading you in the threads.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

7. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    Welcome neighbor!! [​IMG]

Go check out your Idaho thread! And, the Utah thread. Maybe you already know Lisa in Logan..Ut. Not sure what part of Idaho you are in..but a lot of folks go on our thread that are close to that end of the border. Lisa has Marans too. :)

8. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

9. N F C

N F C dem crazy bones Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Hi Julie, it's nice to have you here!

If you wouldn't mind sharing a photo of your Langshans, I'd love to see them.

Thanks for joining us!

10. annagoodspeed

Jan 24, 2017
    Central Idaho 3000 ft
    Hi Cynthia, I am around 150 miles north of Boise, and travel to Portland regularly, so am more tied in with that area...I will check in with the Idaho folks for sure tho.

Hi Drumstick!!

Hi NFC, I took a couple pics but am still trying to figure out how to post from this ipad, not exactly a tech wiz here. Matt has lots of photos of his stock on his website, Fate Farm, in Battleground WA. The Langshan thread has a lot too, and Matt is an active poster there.
    In the meantime, maybe I will look up some directions.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by