New member in Manhattan Beach, CA

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Osiris, Nov 12, 2008.

1. Osiris

Osiris New Egg

Nov 12, 2008
    I know almost nothing about computers, but I know a lot about chickens and want to communicate with others about the birds. I hope I'm putting this note in the right place. We are in planning mode for a "real" coop since our little brood, 9 assorted banties and a Ancona rooster have made do with 2 rabbit hutches. Titus the roo goes into the underground "rooster security battery" at night to muffle his crowing at 5 am, which my neighbor would never tolerate. The "battery" is a large sprinkler valve box, from Home Depot, with straw bed and two ventilation shafts. Works great, but if I could design the new coop with insulation and tight windows, maybe he could sleep with the hens. Any thoughts on this-- it's the city chicken problem.

2. Solsken Farm

Solsken Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Well hi there. Welcome to BYC. Chickens in Manhatten Beach?!!!!!! One of our close friends lived there and we stayed with them for about a month some years ago. What a GREAT place to live. He was a block from that gorgeous beach!

Good job pulling off a roo there![​IMG]

3. Just-Like-Hatching

Just-Like-Hatching Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2008
    Dothan, AL
    Welcome to the BYC. I am sure everyone will benefit from your knowledge. Join in and have fun.

4. tamlynn

tamlynn Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2008
    Torrance, CA
    Really?!! I'm new here too. I live in Torrance!

What kind of bantys do you have? I started out this spring with 6 and now am down to one and "working with" animal control to keep her.

Do you have really quiet hens? I had a noisy silver seabright and someone filed a complaint against me.

5. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Howdy neighbors to the South. Aren't chickens fun? WELCOME to the best site on the internet.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by