New member in Minnesota

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Chickmom812, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Chickmom812

Chickmom812 New Egg

Mar 25, 2016
    Ramsey, MN
    (1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? My first experience with chickens was watching my neighbors hens when they went on vacation and picking eggs. I loved how they hens greeted me with their clucks, and I was hooked. I started my own flock with 3 Columbian Wyandotte chicks last July. They have grown up to be wonderful, friendly girls. One went broody 3 weeks ago, so I got 5 chicks for her to raise. She is doing a great job with the babies. I am surprised how quickly they are growing and changing. They imprinted with their new mom right away. They are in the house until the weather warms up a bit.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? 8

(3) What breeds do you have? 3 Columbian Wyandotte hens, 2 Ameracaunas, 1 silver-laced Cochin, 1 blue Cochin, 1 silver-gray Dorking.

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com? My neighbor's daughter raved about this web site. I have been lurking for a long time but am happy to be a true member now.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? I love collecting antiques, gardening, and shopping at second-hand shops for treasures.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. I have one husband who is not involved with the chickens but does enjoy the omelets I make. My baby is a 10-year-old female boxer. I am a medical transcriptionist who works from home.

2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to the Backyard chickens flock, so glad you joined us [​IMG]

3. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and [​IMG] - glad to have you onboard. I hope that you enjoy BYC even more, now that you are a member.

All the best
    CT

4. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
  5. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

6. sunny & the 5 egg layers

sunny & the 5 egg layers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 29, 2011
    Welcome to BYC! :frow

It is such a wonderful thing to watch a mother hen interact with her babies. I'm glad she adopted them without a hitch.

Good luck to you!

7. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft!

Hello!
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to join the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around BYC. Good luck!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by