New Member in North-East Wisconsin

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Fernie, Nov 6, 2013.

1. Fernie

Fernie Chillin' With My Peeps

Hello All,

I'm Fernie. Currently residing in North-East Wisconsin. We had chickens years ago, but moved back to the city and could not have them. Sold the entire flock. Now we are in a place where we can have animals. We currently have 20 rabbits, 3 parakeets, 5 cats, 1 Puppy, 3 ducks and should have 100 chicks tomorrow or Friday.

We are a large family and have grown our own vegetables and fruits as we could for years. Now we are getting back into the raising our own meat. I am trying to convince everybody we need a few Meat goats, dairy goats and maybe a sheep or two. I have 2 of the 4 people I need to sell on the idea convinced. Now to get the other two convinced.

It is getting a close to my bed time and I need to work on knitting my socks. Next week I will be knitting the last 900 or so yards of my shawl. [​IMG]

I am a bit of an over achiever, but I usually manage to muddle through.

Fernie
    Married, Mother of 6, Slave to 20 rabbits, 5 cats, 3 parakeets, 3 ducks, and 1 pup with 100 chicks on the way.

2. loveourbirds

loveourbirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2013
    waverly ohio
    [​IMG] from Ohio, thats quite a little farm you have started!

3. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Hi, Fernie, glad that you are back where you can keep birds and animals. Welcome to BYC.

4. chickenboy190

chickenboy190 Overrun With Chickens

May 31, 2013
    Ohio
    Welcome! Glad you joined BYC! :~D

5. Fernie

The husband and the landlord/neighbor also enable me in my poultry addiction. We just got called by the Green Bay PO asking if we wanted to drive down and pick up our chicks tonight or if they should send them to the local P.O. Husband said send them to the local P.O. I am so excited I can hardly sit still.

Fernie
    Married, Mother of 6, Slave to 20 rabbits, 5 cats, 3 parakeets, 3 ducks, and 1 pup with 100 chicks on the way.

6. Fernie

I am too. I have really missed the animals. My next purchase should be some geese. Just to make my husband go crazy. the last geese we had did not respond to anybody but me. They bit and attacked everybody but me and the kids. I had them well trained.

Fernie

7. Fernie

Use to belong long ago, but had a stalker causing me untold amounts of grief. Deleted every account I had online. My husband did the same. I legally got my name changed. end of stalker and I can be online. Just so fun to get a stalker. I know what the celebrities that have them feel.

Fernie

8. All Henned Up

All Henned Up Muffs or Tufts

Welcome and enjoy BYC !
    Steve. :frow

9. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow and Welcome to BYC!

10. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Welcome to BYC [​IMG] Glad you joined us!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by