New Member in NW Florida

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Ohenry, May 16, 2016.

1. Ohenry

Ohenry New Egg

May 16, 2016
    Hello all, I came across this site looking for plans to build a coop. After looking at several books with "complete" plans I kept returning to the "Country Charm" post by tsproull. After several more searches I decided to use tsproull's plans to build our coop. Its not the exact replica but you certainly see his design. I am in NW Florida an I live on about 3 1/2 acres. I wanted something for my grandkids, so they could experience a little life outside the video games and smart phones; so far they are very interested.
    My hobbies include hunting, fishing, gardening and hanging out with the five kids and grand kids. Look forward to learning from the members of the forum and a big thanks to tsproull for his plans that he shared. https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/country-charm
    The chickens are on the way... White, Leghorns, Bar Rocks, and a couple of Silkies for the wife.

2. limited25

limited25 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2016
    Oklahoma
    [​IMG]

Very nice introduction and congratulations on your new chickens ... all good breeds. Think that is great that they will all be interacting with your grandchildren.

3. wabbit1964

wabbit1964 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2013
    Maine
    My Coop
    Welcome to Backyard Chickens. [​IMG]

4. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
  5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to Backyard chickens, you have beautiful labs. How do they feel about chickens?

6. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    [​IMG] Yeah, that's what the hubby says, "The chickens are for the wife." Yet it was he who insisted on an automatic door openener to keep the predators out of the coop at night. And it was he who faced security cameras toward the coop to watch out for the two-legged predators.

Welcome to the flock!

7. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

8. Ohenry

Ohenry New Egg

May 16, 2016
    The yellow could care less. The chocolate is a reformed felon as she killed a few of my fathers free range chickens as a pup. That was years ago and she is fine around them now. I still watch them both when there are chicks around. My chickens have a house and run so I don't foresee any issues. Possums, coons, hawks and coyote's concern me more.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by