New member in SF Bay Area

ellenf

Hatching
8 Years
Mar 9, 2011
Have been reading for a bit so thought I'd do an intro.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

Yep! Got them just before Christmas. Started with 6 but had lots of roosters.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

Right now 3 but one is a rooster so he will be leaving soon.... Only hens allowed in town limits. (Anyone near Pleasanton want a rooster?)

(3) What breeds do you have?

At this point 1 Ameraucana, 1 Light Sussex and 1 Barnevelder but the Ameraucana is the roo so ....

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?

Met the founder at a local meeting then found it again via Google.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

Gardening, playing fiddle and mandolin, cooking....

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

Two dogs, two cats, two kids but one off to college most of the time. At this point, the chickens are in a large tractor with coop and run, behind another wire fence so my dogs don't bother them. (The Queensland Heeler was a bit intense about them when she could get close so now there's a 4' gap and she sits and looks at them but can't try to herd them so everyone is calmer.) I'd like to let them out into the smaller fenced side yard (only when the dogs are in the house) but am nervous about them as a friend had her neighbor's chickens fly into her yard and her dog killed some. If mine fly over this 5' fence they'd still be in my yard though and the 6' fence to the neighbor's has bushes in front so I don't think they can get up there....

welcome-byc.gif
from New Mexico!

Back
Top Bottom