New member in South Carolina

Smccarnan

In the Brooder
Aug 14, 2018
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Have long wanted some, but have just recently (2 months) gotten some.
(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
4, each 3-4 months old
(3) What breeds do you have?
Wyandotte
(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
found in while searching for information on design construction of chicken housing.
(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
reading, studying the Bible, sewing, cooking, grandparenting
(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

*Husband who, once he put up the chicken house and pen, is tending toward becoming a "chicken whisperer"
*dog (rat terrier) named Max who is jealous and ferocious toward chickens outside pen, but when invited in is cowardly and retiring.
*grandchildren who check for eggs everytime then come to our house and who insist that the chickens learn whatever names each has selected for her (these differ from child to child and visit to visit).
*nice fenced back yard with chicken pen to one side. Even with wings clipped, one or two of the birds occasionally jump to 4 foot wire pen fence, land outside and stumble around looking like "how did I get here?"
* as soon as I or husband go out back door during day, all four chickens move as one to the nearest corner, expecting something to eat.
*from the beginning, these chickens have moved as one, panicked as one, eaten as one (with some interestign results). They remind one of the military penguins in the Madagascar movies, huddled together with heads at different levels and pointing in different directions-the very picture of alertness.
*However, other things they do indicate they may all share one brain.

BYC Welcome 8.jpg

Hi, it's nice to have you here! Make yourself at home here and I hope you enjoy all BYC has to offer!

Back
Top Bottom