New member in Southwest Florida.

chemwisz

Hatching
6 Years
Feb 2, 2013
Hey, I'm new to this forum and newly reintroduced to raising chickens, it's been years since I had taken care of chickens, so there is a lot for me to learn. When I say taking care of chickens, I mean feeding and collecting eggs for my parents. Anyhow I live in the Golden Gate Estates in Naples Florida. The property I moved on if fully fenced and it already had a shed with a wooden fenced area where someone had raised chickens in the past (the owner I purchased from did not). Needless to say the fence, coop and shed needs some work.

I received 26 hens from McMurray Hatchery on Monday and they are currently in the brooder in my garage. I have many questions and I am sure they will all be answered. First though, should I post pictures and questions about my current coop in this thread or should I used a different section?

frow.gif

Go to the "Raising backyard chickens" forum and click on the 'Coop and run - design, construction, and maintenance' - you will find advice and answers there. Welcome to BYC.

Back
Top Bottom