New member in Texas

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by deanaunderwood, Dec 15, 2016.

1. deanaunderwood

deanaunderwood Just Hatched

Dec 14, 2016
    Cypress Texas
    Morning! I am completely new to chickens. I am 48 and live outside of Houston near the town of Cypress. I have recently changed my life toward a more simple yet definitely more fulfilling existence. I am writing this on my fourth wedding anniversary to the only real angel I have the privilege to get to wake up with every morning. I have left Corporate business life to pursue custom woodworking, growing organic herbs and raising our chickens. I hope to learn every day and give back where I can. Thank you for this site. It has already proved to be invaluable in my early chicken life.

2. deanaunderwood

Dec 14, 2016
    Cypress Texas
    Duh! I forgot to add my chicken particulars. We have five hens that are ready to lay any day now. Pictures of our coop (that we call the "Coop De Ville") can be found in my gallery. As stated earlier, I love woodworking....so I may have gone a bit crazy. It is a 8 by 6 coop with an 8 by 14 run. Part of the run is under the coop. I look forward to interacting with all of the fine experts I have already seen posts from on this site. God Bless you all.

3. N F C

N F C just blowing in the wind Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Your new lifestyle sounds exciting...lots of changes (which can be a good thing). If you'd like to chat with other Texans, you can find your state thread simply by typing Texas state thread in the search box.

Happy anniversary and thanks for joining us!

4. BuffOrpington88

BuffOrpington88 Non-Stop

Mar 20, 2012
    Hi and welcome to BYC! Thanks for joining us! [​IMG]

5. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under deanaunderwood [​IMG] Welcome!

Happy anniversary! Great job on the coop!

I hope you enjoy BYC. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

6. deanaunderwood

Dec 14, 2016
    Cypress Texas
    Thanks. I enjoyed building it even though I chose to do it in 100 degree plus weather in the middle of our summer. Happy times! :-D

7. RodNTN

RodNTN Following Jesus

May 22, 2013
    The USA
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC!

8. Chicken Girl1

Chicken Girl1 Queen of the Coop Premium Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Virginia
    [​IMG]

9. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Thank you for joining us at Backyard chickens.

10. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Hello there, and my warmest welcome to Backyard Chickens! I am so glad you decided to join the community and I do hope you will make yourself at home here! :frow

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by