New member in Texas

justthemomforthejob

Hatching
8 Years
May 16, 2011
Hello,

I am new to the group and live in North Texas, near Dallas. Hubby and I have 8 children and are hoping to adopt a sibling group of three children from foster care this year.

I started raising chickens when my dear friend gave me four hens and a rooster about 6 months ago. (2 RIR hens and the roo is a RIR...not sure what the black hen with red speckles is...any ideas?) I am really enjoying having them. Can't get our rooster to fertilize and the hens won't sit so I purchased 25 chicks recently. 10 Buff Orps and 15 mixed breed chicks. Started a new addition to the coop for all of the new additions and it is coming along well. I DO NOT do snakes so am making it completely snake-proof which requires some extra work...totally worth it though, in my opinion. Also has to be predator proof as we live on the edge of the State Park and a nature preserve so many predators around...coyotes, foxes, opossums, skunks, etc.

Hope to learn a lot from you more experienced folks!

welcome-byc.gif
from Texas. I am in the Alvarado area myself.
And I have plenty of extra roos if you need one. All the unwanted roos come to my farm to live.
D.gif

I'm brand new here and also in the DFW area! My hubby and I are researching away and eager to get our coop constructed and our chicks home! Looking forward to learning from all the experience here.
smile.png

Welcome to BYC! You have come to the coolest place on the internet for chicken knowledge.

I started with chickens last summer and the people of BYC have been great. This year I have tried hatching and buying chicks for even more chickeny joy. Please visit my BYC Page for my blog links that you may find informative or amusing.

Back
Top Bottom