1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

New member in the coop!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by ladywolff, Jul 22, 2013.

1. ladywolff

ladywolff Hatching

Jul 22, 2013
    Hi everyone!
    I have been "stalking" BYC for some time now, getting answers to questions I had about getting chickens for the first time. Now that I'm an old pro (I've had them for a month), I thought I would actually join BYC and have some fun with all of you fellow crazy chicken people :)
    My name is Leslie. I have 6 baby Serama's I got from Heidi at UnionHill Ranch in central California. They are Buttercup, Chanti (Chanticleer), Gideon, Dumplin, Sissy and Sassy (I am pretty sure Sassy has turned into a rooster, so now it is Sir Sassy).
    I also have two dogs. They are Shiba Inu's named Suki and Miko. Miko has made it his sole mission in life to clamp his jaws around one of my sweet, baby chickens. UGH! I hate having to keep them separated, but hopefully in time.... okay, I live in a fantasy world :)
    My wonderful husband of 1.5 years tolerates my new chicken obsession and is even building me a fantastic coop in the back yard. Okay, it was chickens or a baby... guess what he choose? But he is still wonderful.
    We each have grown children and are "starting over". A baby would have been nice, but having chickens has turned out to be funner than I ever thought possible.
    I am keeping them in our 2nd bath right now and love having them so close to me. I know when the coop is finished and it is time for them to go outdoors, I am going to be a basketcase. I am their "mama" and they love me as much as I love them... okay, maybe not quite as much but they are getting there.
    That about sums me up! I am glad to be part of the BYC family now, so Howdy and we will be chatting soon. :)

2. DDNONIN2016

DDNONIN2016 Songster

Jan 27, 2012
    SW Ohio
    Hello and welcome....so glad you joined BYC

Congrats on your new babies. Best of luck with them and your new coop :)

3. ChirpyChicks1

ChirpyChicks1 Songster 5 Years

Jul 22, 2013
    Kansas
    Welcome! Congrats on your poultry babies :) Chicks are really so fun and provide great entertainment.

4. liz9910

liz9910 Crowing

Apr 8, 2012
    Northern California
    Welcome to BYC! I'm looking for more Seramas myself, how long ago did you get them?

5. redsoxs

redsoxs Crowing

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, ladywolff, and [​IMG]! Great to have you in our community! Good luck to you and your flock!

6. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member 9 Years

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Welcome to BYC. Good luck with your flock.

7. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Crowing Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Welcome to BYC! Glad you joined us! [​IMG]

8. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    [​IMG]

9. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member 8 Years

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    How does Suki feel about the chickens? Shibas are so foxlike - I hope they are safe to have around farming neighbors.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2013

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: